Overgrown lawn, fireworks on the lawn … Geoffroy-Guichard Stadium plunged into chaos

Overgrown lawn, fireworks on the lawn ... Geoffroy-Guichard Stadium plunged into chaos

And suddenly, after a winning shot on goal from Auxerre, the lawn of the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium was completely attacked. First angry Saint-Etienne supporters. Vapors caused by tear gas, which were then used by the police. In order to disperse the aggressive crowd as quickly as possible, CRS did nothing in the lace and dealt with the most urgent. Payment strategy: in a few minutes, the fanatics cleaned up, while all the players could safely return to the locker room.

It was urgent for those present in the stands to leave the stadium, where breathing was as difficult as opening their eyes. The worst was probably prevented, which was not won, because fireworks and other firecrackers projected by fans from the field could seriously hit anyone on the spot.

The reporters took refuge in the corridors of the stadium and tried to find refuge so that they could send their documents. More importantly, this father, who was trying to get his son back to safety from what seemed like hell at the time.

In front of the stadium’s main exit, police reinforcements tried to disperse the Ultras, who decided to besiege them to explain to the ASSE players and leaders. While the anger was understandable, the violence was completely unacceptable. According to some observers, the flames won the TV car. The club shop was completely looted.

“Some countries have turned it off”

Auxerrois technician Jean-Marc Furlan did not hide his bitterness in the face of the situation: “I was scared because I took a tear gas on my face and I just cried. Players too. (…) Somehow it only exists here because some countries have turned it all off. There has been a lot of violence in our stadiums for several months without being able to stop it. A lot of people totally change when they are in the phase of becoming other men, it’s a little sad. »

Pascal Dupraz was certainly the same, but coach Saint-Etienne did not arrive at the press conference and none of his players spoke.

In a pre-arranged press release and published minutes after the final whistle, major shareholders Roland Romeyer and Bernard Caïazzo tried to calm their anger by almost formalizing their future departure: The crucial aspect of our lives will turn. This obviously didn’t calm anything: almost an hour after the match, it was still impossible for many fans to leave the stadium, and police were still using tear gas to try to disperse the crowd, which looked increasingly aggressive.

Michel, who arrived with his grandchildren, was angry: “It goes beyond borders. It used to be an insult, but now it’s not a sport. He is not a supporter. You won’t take your grandchildren to the stadium to see it. By his side, Emma, ​​about ten years old, shocked and cold, is probably not ready to return to a football game. At the end of the evening, the Loire prefecture counted 17 minor injuries among supporters, 3 of whom were taken to hospital and 2 among the police.

Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.